In order to have accounts and/or loans at the MTEFCU, you must first open a primary savings account. We also offer side savings accounts.
Benefits and Features
- Accounts for all ages
- ATM Cards: Access 8 local no-fee ATMs, as well as 37,000+ MoneyPass Network ATMs all over the country!
- Mobile Banking: Deposit checks, transfer funds, and pay your MTEFCU loans via our mobile app
- Direct Deposit: Have your paycheck automatically deposited to your account
- Payroll Deduction: Have a certain portion of your paycheck automatically placed into savings or onto a loan whenever it comes in
- Deposit Insurance: Your share account is federally insured by the NCUA up to $250,000
Regulation D Notice: Federal Reserve Board Regulation D limits the number of certain withdrawals to six (6) from savings accounts. As required by regulation, we monitor your accounts to ensure the transaction restrictions are observed. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Regulation D has been temporarily suspended to allow credit union members unlimited transfers out of their savings accounts.
- No minimum balance requirements
- Instant-issue debit cards
- Available for minors age 15+ (with parental permission)
- FREE Online Banking & Bill Pay
- FREE eStatements
- FREE Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Identity Theft Protection*
- Reorder your checks online
All the features and benefits of a regular checking account still apply. There is no minimum balance required. If you are looking for more information on Prestige Checking, please stop in or call one of our member service representatives today!
- Members ages 55 and older
- FREE box of checks (one per year)
We offer our members four convenient ways to order MTEFCU checks:
- Click here to order online
- Text 906.482.5005
- Call 906.482.5005
- Visit our branch location
Note: Your first check order must be completed by telephone or in branch.
- Terms from six months to five years (six months for youth)
- $500 minimum ($125 for youth)
- Early withdrawal penalties may apply
- Automatic renewal options available
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP)
- Cannot be covered by another health plan (with limited exceptions)
- Cannot be enrolled in Medicare
- Cannot be eligible to be claimed as a dependent on another persons tax return
Benefits of an HSA:
- Savings tool
- Flexibility to pay current medical expenses or save for future needs
- Tax-deductible contributions
- Tax-deferred earnings
- Tax-free distributions, if used properly
- Balance carries over from year to year
- Remains with you, regardless of change in coverage or employment
Disclaimer: Each member's individual financial picture is different. No statement on this page should be considered tax advice. Your credit union advises members to consult with their tax adviser or Certified Public Accountant to determine if a Health Savings Account is the right fit for you.