Friday, April 25th - 2:52 AM
HSAs (Health Savings Accounts) are medical savings accounts, with some tax advantages, that are available to members with high deductible health plans (HDHP). In many ways, they are similar to an IRA. With an HSA, you can:
- Pay your medical expenses with tax-free HSA distributions
- Make tax-deferred HSA contributions
- Pay higher deductibles
- Pay lower premiums with high deductible health plan (HDHP)
- Must be covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP)
- Can not be covered by another health plan (with limited exceptions)
- Can not be enrolled in Medicare
- Can not be eligible to be claimed as a dependent on another persons tax return
Benefits of an HSA:
- Savings tool with investment earnings
- Flexibility to pay current medical expenses or save for future needs
- Tax-deductible contributions
- Tax-deferred earnings
- Tax-free distributions, if used properly
- Balance carries over from year to year
- Remains with you, regardless of change in coverage or employment
Using Your HSA:
- You can withdraw money from your HSA tax -free if the money is used to pay qualified medical expenses (includes most medical, dental and vision).
- You can use your HSA for yourself as well as for your spouse and any dependents.
- Or for retirement.
For more information please call or stop in to speak to a loan officer. Here is a complete list of our current rates.