Vision Statement

To be a credit union people want to be a part of.

 

Our History

1952: The Michigan Tech Employees Federal Credit Union (MTEFCU), was founded by employees of Michigan Tech University, which used to be the Michigan Mining School.  The intention of the credit union was to provide employees access to loans with reasonable interest rates.

1954: Our first annual business meeting was held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) on campus.

1989: We became computerized.

1993: Our Board of Directors made the decision to construct a new building off campus, and they decided to build it up on the hill near the fire station and Houghton High School.

1994: We moved into our new building at 700 E Sharon Avenue, where we are located to this day.

2000: We merged with Pelkie Copper Country Community Credit Union, expanding our membership to include the communities of Houghton County, Keweenaw County, and Baraga Township.

2018: We official switched to a community charter so we could serve the entire Houghton-Keweenaw-Baraga County area.

 

Financial Information

The MTEFCU ended 2020 with approximately 9,754 members, $108.3 million in assets, and $63.9 million in loans to members (net).