Wednesday, April 26th - 3:53 AM
Identity Theft Protection is offered through our ID Protect program to protect the identities of you and your family regardless of where or how the theft occurs. This protection extends beyond your credit union accounts to protect against any form of identity theft that you or your family may fall victim to. ID Protect is an identity theft protection service for a low monthly security fee of $2.00 that is deducted from your personal checking account (checking required).
The key features of ID Protect are:
- Comprehensive Identity Theft Resolutions Services – should you become a victim, a dedicated fraud specialist will be assigned to manage your case.
- Experienced recovery professional will walk you through the recovery process – until your credit and identity are restored.
- An online identity theft news center, and valuable phone and web resources to safeguard your identity, www.idprotectme247.com.
- Debit and Credit Card Registration – to reduce your personal liability on lost or stolen registered cards.
- Total Identity Monitoring – continuous monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone and many others.
- Credit Monitoring – daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and Transunion credit reports.
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – Get a free credit report from all three primary credit bureaus.
- Credit Score.
Automatic Enrollment – When you open a checking account, you are automatically enrolled in our ID Protect program which protects your entire family in the event of identity theft for only $2 per month. While we highly recommend taking advantage of this service, you can opt-out when you open your account or at any time by speaking with a member service representative.
Family Members – Spouses, persons qualifying as a domestic partner under the provisions of any applicable federal, state or local law, children under 25 years of age and parents of such natural persons who are residents of the same household are considered family members and can be all covered on one account.
Fee – The service fee will be charged on the 15th of the month and will apply to coverage for the current month.
Termination of Service – Benefits will end the first of the month after, 1) the month in which the security fee was last paid, or 2) the date of closing of your personal checking account with Michigan Tech Employers Federal Credit Union.