We will also inform members what information we share with other entities. We will explain what their rights are, and how they can exercise them. We suggest that they share this information if they share their account relationship with someone else so all parties are aware of our policy and their options.
- We, our, and us means the Michigan Tech Employees Federal Credit Union.
- Nonpublic personal information means information about members that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to them. This does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records.
- An affiliate is a company we own or control.
- A nonaffiliated third party is a company that is not an affiliate of ours.
- Opt out means a choice members make to prevent certain sharing of information.
Non-public Personal Member Information Collection Sources
- Information we receive from members on applications or other forms
- Information about members’ transactions with us
- Information about their transactions with nonaffiliated third parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
Confidentiality, Security, and Integrity of Nonpublic Personal Member Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to members. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard members’ nonpublic personal information.
Nonpublic Personal Information and Nonaffiliated Third Parties
We may disclose nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties. Members may opt out of the disclosure of this information. Here are the kinds of nonpublic personal information we disclose to nonaffiliated third parties:
Types of Nonaffiliated Third Parties
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of nonaffiliated third parties permitted by law:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance agents
Reasons for Disclosing
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about members to nonaffiliated third parties for the following reasons:
- To provide our members with information about additional products and services
Limitations on Disclosure
We impose the following limitations on the use of nonpublic personal information disclosed to nonaffiliated third parties:
- We only allow direct mail solicitations
- We do not accept telephone solicitations
Future Nonaffiliated Third Party Disclosure
We also reserve the right to disclose nonpublic personal information about members in the future with the following types of nonaffiliated third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as
- Mortgage bankers
- Securities broker-dealers
Non-public Personal Information and Former Members
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about former members.
Member Right to Block the Disclosure of their Non-public Personal Information
If members do not want us to share their nonpublic personal information with nonaffiliated third parties, they can block the release of certain nonpublic personal information. This is known as the members right to “opt out.” A member’s decision to block the disclosure of their nonpublic personal information will apply to all products and services they receive from us.
If members want to opt out of disclosures, they may do so by completing and returning the Privacy Disclosure.